- In the 1800's there was a group of people in North America who liked
to roam the hills and valleys of this great land.
- They liked to ride with the wind in their faces and the sun on their backs.
- They loved the outdoors, and they had a special sense of freedom.
- They wore leather , and they had a style of clothing that was their own.
- They often had long hair , and some wore an earring in their ear.
- They liked to gather together around campfires and share brotherhood.
- They distrusted each other, and their leaders would often argue.
- They were never able to unify all the tribes and clans.
THESE PEOPLE WERE CALLED INDIANS
The government and the do-gooders of society did not like the Indians because they were different, and the people who are always different were seen as a threat to society. So, the government passed laws which restricted the Indians rights and denied their freedom. Eventually , the Indian was forced to live in confined areas (called reservations), where their way of life was effectively destroyed.
- Now , in the 1980's and beyond there is a group of people in North America who like to roam the hills and valleys of this great land.
- They like to ride with the wind in their faces and the sun on their backs.
- They love the outdoors, and they have a special sense of freedom.
- They wear leather , and have a style of clothing all their own.
- They often have long hair, and some wear an earring in their ear.
- They like to gather around campfires and share brotherhood.
- They are divided into many clubs , clans and associations, each with their own leader.
- They are distrustful of each other and their leaders often argue.
- They are not able or willing to unify all the clubs , clans or associations.
THESE PEOPLE ARE CALLED BIKERS
Now the government and the do-gooders of society do not like these BIKERS because they are different. People who are different are always seen as a threat. So the Government keeps passing laws to restrict the rights of the bikers,and to deny them their full freedom.
Does history hepeat itself? Do you suppose that one day there will be a reservation for bikers !